Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My Favourite singers

Since I just finished exam, and it's been some time I updated my blog. So, today I would like to write something about my favourite singers. I'm a big fan of tamil songs. Everyday, every hour I will be listening to songs. from old to new.. from sentimentals to fast numbers...

my MOST favourite singer (Female) - Sujatha


She started her singing at the age of 7 with the legend Yesudas. She started her career as playback singer at the age of 12 for Malayalam film. When she moved to Kochi, she lost out alot of apportunities because she couldnt travel to Chennai often. She back to industry after getting married to Dr. Mohan. Her first song in Tamil is Pudhu Vellai Mazhai from Roja. She had sang more than 5000 songs in Tamil, Malayalam, Telegu, Hindi and many more. She has won Kerala State Award twice, TamilNadu State award twice, AsiaNet award twice, Film Critics awards 11 times & many more. Her voice is simply marvellous. Some of her hits are: Malligai Poove, Etho Oru Pattu (Unnidathil Ennai Koduthen), Silendra Theepori (Thithikuthey), Netru Illatha (Pudhiya Mugam), Nenjodu (Kadhal Konden), En Veettu Thothathil (Gentleman), Aasai Aasai (Dhool). It's take more than a page to describe/state all her hits.

my MOST favourite singer (Male) - UnniKrishnan
He is basically a carnatic singer, started learning it at the age of 12. Some of the title he owns are 'Isai Peroli', 'Yuva Kala Bharathi' & 'Kalaimamani'. He started his career in Tamil Music Industry in year 1994 by singing Ennavale (Kadhalan) for AR Rahman. He grabbed National Award for Best male Playback Singer for his first ever song itself. He had sang over 800 film songs. He has more than 26 albums on cassetes & CD's to his credit. Some of his hits are Oru Poo Ezhuthum (Pooveli), Thendrale (Kadhal Dhesam), Narumugaiye (Iruvar), Roja Roja (Kadhalar Dhinam) & alot more.

I also like the duet songs that sang by them. They are one of the best combination for love & melody kind of songs. Poovukkul (Jeans), Malligai Poove (Unnidathil Ennai Koduthen) & Un Samayal Araiyil (Dhill) are just to name a few. They had sang the most number of songs together compared to other pairs in this industry.

I will post a sample audio for both these singers if you would like to.

0 Comments: